Tuesday 26 February 2013

Dear @Telecel_Zim, Why I think "Red" is a rip off. cc @Zororomakamba @techzim

Dear Telecel

I've been a champion of your product offering for nearly 2 years now. I have converted many many of my friends, family and colleagues to Telecel. When we saw the teasers in the Newspaper for the new "Red" contracts with "unlimited" offering, we all caught semi-boners and thought: FINALLY!

Then we read the offering and those semi's regressed quickly. telecel Red contract is a RIP OFF! 

Your offering me "unlimited" calls to 1 telecel number, $30 of calls, texts or data to all local numbers and 60mbs for $30 of my hard earned US Dollars.

Now, if I buy $30 Airtime (1 $20 voucher 1 $5 Voucher & 1 $5 SMS) heres what I can get:

I will put 400MBS for $20, which are more important to me, so I can get Unlimited Whatsapps, Unlimited Viber calls and messages to 99% of my Friends Family and Clients worldwide, FaceTime my Wife and all the emails, on my iPhone for 30 days (trust me, I do this already and often had Mbs to spare by having wifi at home also)

I then take $5 for MegaSMS which gives me 125 texts cross platform for those few NOT on Whatsapp, Viber, Skype, Email

then $5 calls for those few NOT on Telecel, Viber, Skype, Facetime, Tango etc.

Remember, by buying a $30 (1 $20 voucher 1 $5 Voucher & 1 $5 SMS), I automatically get $25 Telecel - Telcel, thats any telecel number. at your current costs Thats nearly 2 hours of calls. 

Thanks to your "Mega Magic" promition I also get 60 free SMS's on my $20 Voucher and 15 Free SMS's on my $5 Voucher... total 200 SMS's including my $5 SMS Strips.

So summary - in lay mans terms $30, gets me:

Close to Half a GigaByte of WhatsApp, Viber, Skype, GMail, Facetime, Tango, Twitter and Facebook which pretty much means unlimited.
200 SMS's
2hrs Telcel to Telecel
$5 cross network calls
NO Binding Contract at ALL.

Now, if You give me $60 to play with then, damn, I can get $45 1 GigaByte Bundle, and $15 extra to play with for SMS, cross network calls etc and $40 Bonus Telcel to Telecel???

for the $150 I would go CRAZY!!!! literally CRAZZZZZYYY!! 

Unfortunately for you... or fortunately for US, your consumer, your Pre-Paid deal is the best in the market.  Your 3G works well (though spotty) and Bonus minutes are fantastic. 

Why would you not just SELL THAT, and not this RED DUD!???

Please telecel, fire your agency... and whip your marketing department! Telecel pre-Paid SELL ITSELF! this RED is Nonsense.

Regards

Contact me: Google Talk kudamusasiwa Skype kudamusasiwa

Follow teststamp on Twitter

4 comments:

capoeirazim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

That is so true my friend. For $150 i should be able to do anything.

mjamela said...

i agree with you onthe 30 and 60 deals but the 150 is good especially for business people

Mirna said...

Its depends on what you get , i always love to get a low plan for my phone, but i use a lot of apps without paying through the internet, like skype to make some calls, or viber, that is an app which doesn't need a lot of resources i suggest you to read some viber review