Wednesday 12 September 2012

1st week smoke free!

P172

Since my last blog its been a whole 7days without smoking. Thought I'd share some of the feelings and realities to expect when and if any of y'all decided to kill the habit that kills.

1. The first few days are the hardest. Not a lot has changed in ur lifestyle to deal with the craving. The triggers are all around.

I suggest that u change routine. Sit at a different part of the coffee shop. Avoid friends that will all invariably try and get u back in to the smoking crowd.

2. Avoid passive smoking. Driving around with my young bros Karizma and Inno has been crazy hectic coz they instinctively light up as soon as I start the engine. At first i didn't care if they smoked but the passive smoking is the easiest way back to smoking. So now no smoking in my presence. Period.

3. I now treat myself with the equivalent of what I was spending daily on smokes. Hence gaining weight.

4. Feel a shit load better in the morning. No longer coughing up black shit and lungs. My breathe is so much better and my teeth are now getting whiter.

5. I don't stink and now notice how bad smokers stink. My clothes don't have the constant reek that was now my BO MO.

6. I can breathe deeper without the chest pain. And don't get as tired as quick when doing laps with my son in the pool.

7. I always feel like a cigarette. Don't know if it will ever fade. But as for now the craving continue. But its a fight I'm winning.

Ok. Some random thoughts.

Easy guys!

No comments: